Welcome to week 40 of Reddit’s 52 weeks of cooking. This week’s theme is Screw-Ups Revisited. If you read my last post, Chocolate Snack Cake with Strawberry Jam, you will know that I have screwed up on brownies already this week. Thank goodness my screw up was scrumptious though, somehow that makes it less disappointing. Here is my second attempt at brownies. I have adapted America’s Test Kitchen Brownie recipe from last year. They are truly moist, fudgy, chewy, super chocolaty and decadent. They are everything a brownie should strive to be.
These were super easy and quick to put together. They will fetch a great price at your children’s bake sale, are a welcome addition to a potluck, or housewarming party. I encourage you to add this to your files, as your go-to brownie recipe.
|Moist and Chewy Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces dark chocolate cut into chunks, or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 9×13 pan with tinfoil leaving handles on the ends
- Paint melted butter on the tinfoil making sure you get into the corners
- Put pan aside
- With whisk, and large bowl, mix together all ingredients in order one after the other fully combining after each one until you get to the flour
- Fold flour in gently with a rubber spatula until almost combined
- Fold chips in gently until combined
- Pour brownie batter in prepared pan (scrape every last drop)
- Bake at 350 for 30 min
- Let cool for 3 minutes
- Remove brownies from pan using tinfoil handles
- Place tinfoil on cooling rack
- Cut brownies into squares
- Let cool
This recipe was adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Brownies, 2013.